Why Tuesday, you ask? Have you not seen? Have you not heard?
Tuesday on ABC is "Wipeout" of course. And my family, which is almost entirely built of testosterone, LOVES this show.
rather peculiar no wonder why they love this show so much. It a weird combination of sport and silly. Competition and comedy. Rivalry and risibility.
In other words, it is downright funny. You know, if you like that sort of thing. So for you sophisticated ones who have remained unsoiled and unsullied, I have prepared a Survival Guide of sorts to prepare you for your moment of awakening:
- Don't eat a heavy meal just before watching. You will regret it.
- Go easy on the stomach crunches on Monday; for same reason as #1.
- Potty break is highly recommended before the show. The hardest laughter will take place at the beginning (like at the beginning of the season of American Idol). However, do take advantage of all commercial breaks. They're not worth watching most of the time anyway.
- Apply a plethora of moisturizer on face to avoid permanent cracking in smile lines.
- Keep earplugs handy for obnoxious family members. (Unless you are the obnoxious family member.)
- Don't take your eyes off for a minute! Unless you have Tivo. But you'll still be behind other obnoxious family members and it's never as funny when everyone else is done laughing.
- Beware: your children and/or darling husband will have an overwhelming penchant to jump from couch to chair to ottoman to "stick the landing" on the kitchen tile.
- Change the channel before Japanese Game Show comes on. Trust me on this one.
If you haven't seen it yet, view at your own risk. But you can't say I didn't warn you.
Here's you a tasty sample; enjoy.