Jul 23, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday -- First Edition!

My grandma and uncle got us this really awesome coffee pot for Christmas a couple of years ago.

It's a Hamilton Beach Brew Station. It's the best coffee maker we've ever owned! It brews the coffee directly into the heated, insulated cistern. There's no "burner" to scorch the bottom of the coffee as it heats from all around. It has a two hour timer, so for as long as you keep the thing on, it keeps your coffee piping hot!

The best part is that there is no glass carafe to drop or break. Or replace. Eh hem. You dispense the coffee directly into a cup in the front of the machine! (see picture again for complete illustration and for inciting deep quivers of delight in your soul.)



Okay, so I have a point. The following picture is the inside of the cistern after many, many uses. Many uses. Lots of coffee.




Pretty gruesome, huh? So I got my hands on this stuff:



I can't find it anywhere but online, and it's designed to be a commercial product, but let me just say this: I used less than half of the little package, and after a wipe of a paper towel, and running three pots of hot water through my machine, this is what I got:




Is that amazing or what?! I couldn't believe how easy it was to clean! You can click on the picture of the package to see about how to order...a pack of 3 is less than $5 and this website has free shipping! WOW!

No, I'm not working on commission! I'm just excited about the clean coffee maker, okay?

Of course, if there is some generous creature out there who has a strong desire, or some other vague inkling, to send me some commission, it shall not be turned away. I can assure you.

Undoubtedly, out of the four of you, there must be one of you...just an inkling??

Well, commission or not, this stuff works for me!




6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That's great. The whole gross coffee stains have always been a problem. I'll have to look that stuff up.
Thanks for posting.
Blessings,
Kim

WOVEN said...

Sister girl you crack me up! Aren't glad the blood of Jesus works the same way???

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

AMEN Sista!

Unknown said...

My first job was in a nursing home kitchen and we used that stuff. It works like a dream!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I'd love to have a coffee maker that doesn't use a glass pot.

Beth Cotell said...

If you could see my coffee pot you would be disgusted. I just can't keep the brown off of it and frankly, have given up trying.

I may have to order some of this stuff. But I won't consider giving you a comission until I see how well it works! :)