So our good friend and blogging mentor, Lid, has created her very own random meme! Yay! I haven't done one of these in ages, and it looks like fun!
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration? More frustration because for some reason, there is always, and I really do mean always, ONE thing on my list that they don't have. I don't know how they do it, but it's always one thing. But if I must put an actual product: laundry detergent. (I try to not go but once every blue moon.)
2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate? Rap music. It's not just the lyrics, because even Christian rap just doesn't do it for me.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about? Reading really old books. Like 1800's. Love 'em.
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car? It's been around a while, but I still LOVE "Shackles" in the car! When hubby's driving, I stick my hands waaaay up in the air like I'm on a roller coaster ride.
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient: Fruit (berries, oranges, strawberries, etc.)
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences): Don't worry so much about starting a career from this thing; just write from your heart and make some good friends. No stress, and be real.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you? Michael Jr. Um, no.
8. What in your life are you waiting for? My husband to come home from work. I need some adult interaction, please.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from? Usually books...from a seller. Oh, you don't want the USUAL answer, but a dreamy one? Um, how about a really cool book and a "I heart Ken Lee" mousepad from a really sweet blogging friend. Or an old Bible from another blogging friend? Those are always fun.
10. Today--what song represents you? "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself? I enjoy writing even more than talking...I like that I have plenty of time to think about my words and what I'm trying to say; it saves me the embarrassment of "...uh, what was I saying?"
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today? Today, I feel good! I am wearing a lavender women's cut t-shirt that says "and they lived happily ever after." I chose it because, again, I am anxiously awaiting my other half's return.
Well that was random! You should all copy and paste all this to your blog and fill in your own answers. But leave me a comment and let me know so I can read yours too! And go check out Lidna's 2nd Cup of Coffee for more random fun!