Sep 15, 2009
Meme Without a Theme: Random Dozen Thres
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas? A long, boring meeting is definitely worse. At least in a long line I can find someone to talk to...and I usually do.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive? Ordinarily I start out passive aggressive...but there will usually come a time when I've had enough, and it ain't perty.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.) This isn't something I would normally brag on, but I have a distant relative who, during the 1930's, was a member of the mob in New York. Yeah, shining, isn't it? Apparently he was locked up for "fixing" horse races and money laundering. His name? Rocco Pollotti. Doesn't that just sound mobsta?
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you? Direct eye contact in conversation.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to. Warm chocolate cinnamon sheet cake. It's a family favorite. I like the fact that it's a sheet cake not because it's easier than a stacked cake, but because I pour the warm frosting over the hot cake and then I get to visit heaven for a bit.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit? I have just started doing this in the last few years. Prior to that, I pretty much had a purse and wore the snot out of it. Now I love to have variety to choose from!
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented? I think I'm more task-oriented. Relationships are very important to me, so much so that if I have an opportunity to visit with someone I'll skip whatever needs to be done for as long as needed. However, because I know this about myself, I also have the tendency to put off the opportunities because of something I know I "have" to get done. I have to be careful on both ends. Is that normal? Am I confused?
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel? Cracker Barrel...all...the...way.
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why? No. I am so selective about what movies I watch that if I'm going to pay MONEY to watch it, I know enough about it to know I won't leave.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization? I really miss working out. Once I get out the routine of it, it's SO HARD to get back in it again. I already get up so early, so I don't know where I'm going to cram it in, but I want to.
11. Was middle school fun or painful? Middle school was fun for me...more fun than high school. I met all new friends during those years.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage? A hot cup of coffee with a touch of cinnamon brewed in it. Yum....!
There's another week of the Random Dozen...go see Lidna at 2nd Cup to check out more fun responses!