Sep 10, 2009
Meme Without A Theme...Random Dozen Dos
Round Two of 2nd Cup of Coffee's Random Dozen...go ahead, enjoy a sweet morsel, and then check out the link at the bottom to read more!
1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years? I used to think that parenting was not that hard, and what on earth is all the fuss about....yeah, that was when I had one little three year old who was a mommy's boy. I had so much to learn.
2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience? Hmmm, easy chair implies laziness and the dental chair implies torture...is there an in between? My church experience feels more like a water rafting experience...sometimes fast and exciting, sometimes slow and reflective, but always moving and refreshing.
3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question. I agree...some grassy hut on a South Pacific island somewhere sounds just right! As for the real question, it depends on who's doling them out...if it's hubby, I love a soft, tender kiss when he comes home from work. But my boys, I could squeeze the stuffing right out of them.
4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today? Emasculating our men. Husbands and fathers are getting apathetic in their responsibilities because our culture has said that they are not important. Movies, TV, and even cartoons portray fathers as being foolish, slow, out of touch, and inferior to dominant females. Families need their men to snap out of their complacency and lead our families like they are supposed to.
5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it? I have taken a loaf of bread back to Wowmart because it molded within two days of purchase and more than a few days away from the expiration. A loaf of bread, people. What is that, like a dollar? I just can't stand wasting money, so if it's not my fault, then I want it back.
6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents? Bad posture. I am trying SO hard to correct it, but after 30-something years.... On the good side, I am much cleaner and tidier than I was as a young person. I'm sure they worried about that when I was a teenager.
7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.) I make almost all of our bread now. Maybe it was the Wowmart incident that pushed me over the edge? Well since I put so much effort into making all our bread, when the heel is left over, I usually have one of my younger boys take it outside and tear it up into small pieces and throw it in the yard for the birds. Later, I get to enjoy a yard full of visitors!
8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you? Let's see, hearing the word "irregardless" has always been kind of a scratch on the chalkboard for me. The correct word to use is "regardless." I always want to correct a preacher who says "Revelations" too. It's only ONE Revelation....the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.) Nine really doesn't mean anything to me except that it is one more than 8 and one less than 10. Oh, I was born in the ninth month...there's something.
10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with? I have a complete rainbow in my closet. I enjoy wearing just about any color...seriously. The colors in my house tend to be deep red, butter yellow, and khaki (with the exception of the red, white and blue of the Texas flag decor in my bathroom). So I'm going to have to go with "no, not really."
11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people. "Can I do something?" is usually the first thing I ask. I feel guilty with idle hands when someone else is working on something.
12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most? This will probably ring true for everyone who answers this question...but it's true! Definitely the weather change. Which also involves great fall food changes, too. Can't forget that. Oh, and it's the ninth month of the year! Yay!
Well there you have it! Go check out other participants in this fun meme at Lidna's 2nd Cup of Coffee!