Dec 30, 2009

Random Dozen...Grand Finale of 2009




1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?

I wouldn't say "gross," but I generally don't share drinks. I don't mind if a good friend or one of my own family takes a sip from my drink, though. That's no biggie.

2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)

By far, the biggest lesson I've learned is that no matter how I "feel", God is never as far away as I sometimes think He is.


3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?

We usually wait until after the New Year holiday is over, like the first weekend in January.

But I can't let this question go without telling you this: When I was single and had my own apartment for my very first Christmas, I wasn't ready to take down my tree after the New Year. This was the first tree and decorations I had ever bought all by myself, and I was so proud of it! So I left it up a little longer. February rolled around and I was in the big middle of working a lot, a full load of classes at night, and partaking in some sort of social life, so the spring just flew by. Summer came and went and I was hardly ever home. By next fall, I just decided to leave the thing up as it was almost Christmastime! All I had to do was dust the ornaments on my tree and I was ready for the new Christmas season! I finally took it down the following January. Or so.

4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:

Well I seem to be running out of time on this one. I have 'til like, Friday? I guess I want to get all my laundry done by then. :-) 

Oh, I know. I want to finish reading "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. I've seen half a dozen versions of the movie 2 dozen times, but I've never actually read the book, until now. The book is always better.


5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?

I don't have to deal with all the crazy snow storms that some of y'all do, so I don't mind it so much. I love the cold weather as long as I have a warm bed to crawl into at night. (Not to mention it doesn't get nearly as cold here in North Georgia as it does in other parts of the country.) I really do like to curl up on the couch with a cup of coffee and a book, listening to the wind howling outside. 

The best part about winter, though, is at the very end of it when Spring starts to show itself. 

6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?

I looooooove after-Christmas sales! I love to get cards, gift wrap, and decorations for next year at 50-75% off, box them up with all our Christmas stuff, and then get all excited about using it next year. I haven't done any this year though. Yet.

7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?

Not anything specific at the moment. We'll probably just stay home with the fam, play some games, eat junky food and drink hot chocolate.

8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?

It'll be my DH's birthday; he'll be one year away from 40! (I like that better than 39...at least for his birthday.) Other than that, a fresh, new start. Again.

9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)


I had to look up Farcical. I'm not ashamed. The crazy lady that writes these is an English major, for crying out loud. 

So I'm going to say a romantic comedy. Yes I know that wasn't technically an option, but my DH has many romantic bones in his body, so we have our moments. But in reality, it's not totally just a romance, because some of the things that go on in our family are just plain laughable. That's the comedy part.


By the way, I play Meg Ryan...Romantic Comedy Queen in my book.

10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.

Well that depends...am I in-season or out-of-season? I have yet to be continually consistent with this happy hobby. Okay, so in-season, meaning when I'm actually partaking in this creative outlet that I love so much, I probably spend a couple of hours each day. I could (and have) spend waaaaaaay more than that though. But we're looking for an average, right? 

11. Who runs your household?

DH is the leader of our home (Christ is the head, of course). Managerially, he pretty much delegates it to me: cleaning, cooking, laundry, kid-rearing, shopping, bills, etc. But he ultimately makes both the money and the decisions, with my input, of course.

12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.


I am hoping that we can implement the Dave Ramsey tools we've learned this year so we can be FREE! I would love to see us be debt free and working on saving our full emergency fund (4-6 months expenses) by the end of the year. It may be ambitious, but who ever reached their goal without reaching?

Click on the button to the right if you want more info on Ramsey's Financial Peace University. It will change your life.


I hope you have enjoyed this week's Random Dozen. Go getcha a second cup of "huh?" from Lid next door. See y'all over there!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I loved your Christmas tree story. I think my house looks so much better with a Christmas tree in it.

Good luck meeting your goal...with the exception of our house we are free and it is a wonderful thing.

Happy New Year!

Beverlydru said...

I popped over from Linda's.
It's been far too long since I went out blog hopping. That has become my new goal to accomplish before year-end...to go visiting in blogland. I know we've met before but it's been so long I'lll re-introduce myself. I wish you happiness and health and more of God in the New Year.

Edie said...

I know a couple of people who keep their tree up all year. One of them loves birds so she just takes the ornaments down and leaves it full of birds throughout the year.

I love, love, love your answer for #11! I especially like the term "Leader" of the household since Christ is the "Head". I had never thought of phrasing it that way before.

I'm off to read the Christmas days I've missed now!

Mocha with Linda said...

Enjoyed your answers. I can't imagine having a Christmas tree up an entire year! Too funny!

Happy New Year!

H-Mama said...

Girl, I've kept my tree up till some time in February before. The decorations are so enjoyable, I could live with it year round. Maybe. ;) Yep... I'm a southern girl. We'd love to move a lil' further north to escape these mosquitoes. Sigh....

Nice to meetcha. ;)

sara said...

Hi, my name is Sara....I think we've met! :) you are too funny!!!

loved your answers. #3 cracked me up. You seriously left the tree up ALL year?!!! Our neighbors left their lights up all this last year..funny thing is they took them DOWN over Thanksgiving!! ha!

Love Dave Ramsey. Steve and I have been able to be debt free most of our marriage...what a great feeling.

Now I need to catch up on your 12 days of Christmas!