Apr 22, 2009

I Used to Come Here A Lot


Hi. My name is Chel. This used to be a really cool hang out for me. Perhaps if you were to dig in the deep recesses of your mind, Blogger, you might remember me.

I used to write two and three, maybe even four times a week. Now it's been...well, a long time.

No, it's not you. It's me.

I happen to be in an insanely busy time right now. It's not that I don't want to come visit you, Blogger, it's just my time has not really been my own lately. I know, it hurts. It hurts me, too.

You have been so faithful to me in the past...even at 3 in the morning when I can't sleep...you've been there. I remember cuddling up in the big red chair, nestled under a throw blanket, listening to Frank Sinatra and pouring my heart out to you.

OH how I miss those days.

And then when my relief was complete...you had so many friends that you shared with me. I made such sweet, precious friends and I miss them dearly. Would you please tell them for me?

No, I can't stay. I really mustn't. Please understand. I long to be here with you, making that lovely rhythm of fingertips and keys...dancing our way around this crazy life. *sigh*

Oh I do hope that you will be patient, my dear Blogger, and not turn away. Wait for me...I will come back to you. Life has not been the same since I wandered away. But I promise to make amends...and make it up to you. Only don't walk away.

See you soon.
Chel

13 comments:

sara said...

we miss you too!!! but will be here when you get back. :)

Angela said...

What a cute post! We all take breaks now and then..I hope you are doing well! Miss you!

Shonda said...

I prayed for the conference. Waiting to hear the scoop.
Blessings-
Shonda

Angie said...

a girl's gotta do what a gir's gotta do

I understand. Grace and peace to you...I'll be back.

Elle said...

everyone needs a bloggy break now and again
I will be around!

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

missed ya, Sistah!
xoxo

Diane Meyer said...

"It's not you....It's me."
Oh, you have the "let's take a break" lines down, girlfriend.
Too funny.
I don't have as much bloggy time as before either. I feel you.

Edie said...

Oh Chel my very dear friend, I could never forget you. I need to copy this post and put it on my blog now. lol. I am in the exact same place.

Love you my friend!!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Y'all really are the best. *hug*

Jackie said...

Ahhh - there you are, girl! Miss ya! But totally understand. :)

Deb Burton said...

We all have our seasons, and right now I'm in the same season as you. May the Lord equip us to do the work in front of us, and may He reenergize us for our ministries when the timing is right.

Blessings, Chel!

Merrie said...

ahh yes! I do understand. I could have written that myself. It seems to be "the" theme around blog land...
My own daughter deleted her blog a couple of months ago and I didn't even know it! Now THAT is sad!
We will all be here when we can.
I've missed you and missed blogging.

Meg in Tally said...

Awww...I know EXACTLY how it feels! I've been away too long, too! But its nice to see you on FB anyway...even if I'm jealous about Hawaii!!!!!